Now that you’ve spent a lot of time at home, you probably realized you need to change a few rooms around and update a few things, but there is probably that one eye sore that you are just dying now to get rid off. My eye sore for the longest time in the house was our master room fan, we decided instead of getting rid of it, we were going to try a modern farmhouse fan makeover and if it didn’t work well it was going to end up in the trash can anyway.
Here is how it looked before, pretty ugly and outdated huh?
Here is how I did it (I forgot to take pictures as I was working on them but you can watch video below)
- Disassemble the fan: Make sure you don’t lose any screws or little pieces.
- Wipe down: Dust off every blade and big piece and wipe own with a damp rag.
- Spray paint: I used Rustoleum’s Flat Metallic Soft Iron.
4. Let dry and assemble: After everything is dry, put all the blades and hardware back.
5. Add edison light bulbs: I bought THESE
6. Go an extra mile and add cage bulb guards
I’m pretty happy about the way turned out (ignore the popcorn ceilings, that’s another eye sore lol). Love this updated modern farmhouse look!
Thank you for reading and watching!… Post your comments below and share your DIY.
Don’t forget to follow us in Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook for more ideas or contact us HERE
2 replies on “Modern Farmhouse Ceiling Fan Makeover“
How did you add the lights?
The fan already had the lamps, we just changed the light bulbs
Comments are closed.